Sunday, January 11, 2009

Patience

Sometimes patience is what you need to get the right image. Take this one for example. It is a 10 minute exposure, during which I was checking my watch every 30 seconds or so and thinking "is it time yet!" I'm glad I waited. Ending the exposure early would have resulted in a dark image with little contrast.

This was shot durung what was the "biggest full moon of the year". I was out shooting that night, and did not take a single picture of the moon. I figure that everyone is going to have that shot (especially when it was low on the horizon, although the colors at sunset were incredible). Instead I decided to use it as the world's largest nighttime light source. I will be coming back to this theme (night shots) over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment